ADVERTISEMENT

Bad NFL Advice?

Foreverbuck

Walk-on
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Just thinking about whether some Buckeyes got bad NFL advice. Dwan Jones was thought to be a 1st or 2nd round draft pick. If he would have come back and showed another year of steady work and weight control, could he have made it into the first round? Wypler seemed especially bad. 2-3rd round projection and ends up in the 6th. I think the real question is whether the year of extra work would have changed NFL evaluators minds? I think it might have for Wypler. They may see him as a center only so he would have had to come back and win the Remington to get into that second-round area. Now he is looking at being on the roster bubble/practice squad as a 6th rounder. Getting NIL and better draft position would have potentially might have been the better choice. I think Zach Harrison probably made the right choice. It is possible he would have really exploded next year and gotten drafted higher but the big knock on him was being too linear/stiff and that 3rd round might have been his ceiling. I am not sure that coming back would have made a difference for Cam Brown. I worry that injuries have caught up with him. And I am not sure that Ronnie Hickson would have started here with the way things ended last year. He could have signed up for USC's NIL plan and made some money though. I think the biggest mistakes might be Wypler and Jones. Both probably could have raised their draft stock and been better prepared to make a roster had they returned for one more year. And we wouldn't be in a O-line crisis:)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News