CB - Brown, Johnson, Watts, JK Johnson
Slot CB / “Cover S” - Ransom/Williamson, Hickman, Martinez, McCall
FS - Proctor, Hooker/Shaw, Dunn, Turrentine

ST
P - Mirco, (O'Shaughnessy)
K - Seibert
LS - (Robinson)

———————

Lot of talent on the roster but there will be a lot of open battles through the Spring... probably more questions than answers let me know if anything looks out of place or if you see things differently...

QB - early indications are that Stroud leads this battle but in reality all 3 seem to have a realistic chance to win it.

RB - I noted this between Teague, Williams and Henderson, but Crowley and Chambers will have their opportunities as well. Hard to not think Teague starts the season as RB1 but he will be pushed.

#3 WR - Williams is the incumbent but will be pushed by JSN, Fleming, Egbuka, etc. and in reality all will get playing time...

#2 TE - 12 personnel will typically feature an extra blocking TE (Stover or one of the walk-ons, Rossi or Rau) but Scott could develop into a “move” TE to create some situational mismatches.

Interior OL - 2 need to start out of Miller, Matt Jones and Dawand Jones. Does Matt Jones or Miller start at Center? Does Dawand Jones start at OG if he is one of the best 5, or do they keep him at backup OT?

DE - All 4 guys will get time so not really sure it matters who “starts,” but worth watching.

1 Tech - This position seems pretty wide open, not really sure who I would consider the favorite. Is Vincent healthy, and if so, will he get reps here with the opportunity to take the spot?

LB - I could see any of 6-7 guys starting at the 3 positions. It seems Mitchell and Gant would be the leaders at the “inside” spots, but Gant is out for the Spring and others are coming in hot (Simon, Eichenberg in particular). The Sam spot is interesting to me also. Seems Young might have the inside track here but not sure it would be smart to discount Pope. Maybe Young would end up playing more in passing downs as the “Bullet” while Pope is the guy on early downs. Or maybe one of them earns the job for both situations, much like Werner in 2019.

#2 CB - Is Cameron Brown going to be fully recovered to start this season? Can Johnson, Cavazos or someone else take the job?

Slot CB / “Cover S” - Seems this is Ransom vs Williamson with the other being used in Nickel situations.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News