ADVERTISEMENT

A few post game thoughts...

texanbuckeye

Black Titanium Member
Gold Member
Jan 12, 2003
Offense:

1) All too typical poor start with JT bouncing the first pitch off Weber's face mask.
2) JT's running and his timing on his runs was great.
3) JT's throwing and his rhythm was terrible. Baughs missed catch - that bounced off his hands - resulted in an "unfair" pick. But just 9 completions in an up tempo offense is really bad. As Ross noted...all his long balls were poorly missed and then he had a few drops too. I saw just one really nicely thrown ball today - the TD pass to Wilson...
4) I love the potential of the OL. Although Prince looks weak in pass pro at times.
5) Close to 300 yards rushing (290)
6) Weber is due to break a long one (so are JT and Curtis).

Defense:

6) I loved the play of all 4 DEs. Hubbard , Bosa, Lewis and Holmes are all playing great ball... Get them all on the field together more!
7) Landers played very well again...
8) The DBs looked awesome (aside from Lattimore's pass interference, Hooker missed his guy on their 3rd quarter TD pass and Ward got burned for thier 1 long completion). Conley and Latts were studs...
9) Hooker deserved that pick 6.
10) Seemed liked we had a ton of TFLs... Anyone know the count?

Special teams:

11) Campbell should break a few this year.
12) Johnston will definitely be drafted.
12) Durbin is good too. ( I hate the out of bounds kickoffs - I know the strategy).

Overall:

A) We spotted them the ball at the 20 or 25 to start the game and held them to a field goal.
B) I am just sick about the Arnette's block taking away Hooker's TD. Just sickened after that amazing pick and return. (That would have been 3 pick 6's in 5 games for him).
C) I missed the poor spot, but yes I was also disappointed we didn't punch in the final TD to win 45-17.
D) I was sick about the interception that they took to our 20...and then
E) I couldn't believe they gave the ball back to Indiana after that beautiful strip by Holmes...
F) 9 penalties for I think 89 yards - blows...
G) Kudos to Indiana. They were 5-7 plays away from being 10-3 last year with last second losses to: OSU, Michigan, Rutgers, Iowa and Duke (with a horrendous D).
I) For a bunch of 2 star, no name guys on thier D, their D has really improved from last year. They played pretty well today and Scales is a stud...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News