ADVERTISEMENT

Advice

Dbonemalone

Junior
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2022
Just hypothetically speaking, if one were to have the chance to interview one of the most interesting people at one of the most prominent programs in the country - here are a few pointers to increase the value to your audience.
1) assuming your time was limited to say, 18 minutes, be efficient with your time. I don’t really want to hear you, the interviewer, going off on tangents. I want to hear from the interviewee.
2) if you happen to be involved with another business enterprise, don’t use your first two questions (and four overall) to try to promote your business enterprise. One question at the end is more than sufficient.
3) “tell me about” questions are not particularly useful. Preparing beforehand and asking directed questions get much more interesting answers!

(I recognize that I cared about this way too much than I should, because I don’t have a life. the one directed question - about recruits taking other visits - was really enlightening. Which made the rest of it all the more annoying.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News