ADVERTISEMENT

Alter High School’s Next Star: CJ Hicks: Class of 2022

texanbuckeye

Black Titanium Member
Gold Member
Jan 12, 2003
Friends,

I saw this kid play against Centerville last year....as a true freshman last fall... I was there for 4-5 minutes and then immediately was like “who in the hell is that kid?” And my old high school buddy... sitting right behind me (Ex Alter and University of Dayton basketball player Bill Uhl) told me “that is CJ Hicks - who is a true freshman”... At that moment.....I knew I was watching our next Nick Mangold, Jeff Graham or Joe Thuney - Alter great....that was not only destined to be a star at Ohio State. (By the way, I know we “somehow” ..... God only knows how.... missed out on Joe Thuney...and he went to NC State....-and now he’s been a starting OG for the Patriots the last 5-6 years). And then a kid very likely to be drafted... and also likely to play in the league for many years.

My personal assessment / breakdown of CJ
Hicks is as follows;

• Unbelievable frame...
• Very fluid hips for a uniquely tall 6-4 freshman.
• Tremendous height to weight ratio for a 15 year old..
• Very well proportioned. He has very long, lean and muscular arms... but he also wasn’t too skinny.
• Many of these 15-18 year old taller DB’s or WR’s....are just flat out too skinny.. (High school Bin Victor type skinny).
• But he has a good base, decent sized legs, well defined calves and legs...for a 6-4 freshman, thicker quads and glutes than most kids his age...
• He looked like a taller Shaun Wade out there....
• Nice natural fast twitch movement skills..
* We got there a little late and left a little early... and unfortunately my mom and Lorraine like to chit chat during much of every game.....( when I am trying to analyze technique and details... you know....tendencies, that most of you novice fans would never be able to pick up on or see....) .and then I was also turned around and talking to Bill for much of the game...Lastly...I was sitting in the 2nd row, so I don’t get “an entire birds -eye view of the entire game” to be able give you all a full and thorough assessment and scouting report. (So my apologies there... And I will do better going forward.....).

* But if I recall correctly, I think he had a pick (almost / perhaps 2) several passes defended and 7-8 tackles. Played some WR (or H / RB) and returned some kicks. All over the field and someone you just can’t miss....

* But when on D...when he ran to the ball...he looked like he was coming deliberately ...and confidently to deliver a blow with bad intentions.

* He looks like he could be our next great Bullet, shut down corner, FS, SS....or...if he grows another inch and keeps packing on the muscle, maybe even a 6-5 230 pound Cade Stover type OLB...

@V-BCoach or other Dayton guys... are any of you all familiar with this young man?

• HUDL link attached below. Enjoy your day

https://www.hudl.com/profile/10924939

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.