ADVERTISEMENT

BETTING THREAD: CFB WEEK 0

PappyOSU

Walk-on
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2016
Lets get this thing started. Week 0 is upon us and time to start digging into the betting market. We enter a CFB season unlike anything we have seen before. 12 team playoff, massive shakeup in conference realignment scheduling, roster turnover at an all time high thanks to NIL and the Portal. These are quantifiable impacts that we will be addressing all season long and will do our best to account for any new betting edges that present themselves as a result. Lets stay on top of them all as we dive in each week.

For those that are new to betting, also to those who have been betting for a long time, I want to remind you all of the importance of bankroll management. This is the one thing I will focus on as the driving force behind my posted plays. I will be posting straight bets against the spread or over/under the total. -110 odds. Buy in with your starting bankroll at the start of the season, follow the system, and we will cash out profits at the end of the year together.

Also be sure to bet within your comfort level. Set a standard amount you bet on each game (1 unit) that is a predetermined % of your starting bankroll buy-in (usually between 1%-5%). For example ill be starting with a bankroll of $1000 and using a 2% unit bet as my standard amount. So my 1 unit bet is $20. Max bet play is set at 4 units, which equals $80. Last year I was up over 50 units ($1000 profit), the year prior I went over 100 units ($2000 profit). Fill in the math for yourself according to your own starting bankroll and your comfortable unit bet amount, but the idea is account longevity. I can go over some bankroll management strategies with those who are interested but the Kelly Criterion is the the current rule of thumb to follow if you want to look that up. We dont buy in a second time though. We cash out at the end.

Ill do my best to roll out some responsible parlay picks as well.. because who doesnt love a good 5 teamer.. but I just caution you that this is not the way to build bankroll and stay profitable. They call parlays sucker bets for a reason, and bookies will gladly take your action on them because they know the house will win in the long run. So just use caution. My advice is to stick to straight bets as much as possible.

Thats all for now. I encourage everyone here to post their plays of the week and any interesting betting tips they come across. The top posted records here I will begin to score your picks into my betting algorithm (better ingredients, better pizza bets). So don't be shy, we love talking about this stuff. Discussion and diversified perspectives is how we can collaborate and win together. Ill start posting some content later today and throughout the week, including an updated board that is simple and clear to follow. Final plays will be posted early morning Saturday, about 3 hours before the first kickoff to give everyone time to finalize their bets for the week.

LFG

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.