ADVERTISEMENT

Buckeyes beat Michigan State: 10 quick thoughts

tcbucks

Walk-on
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2001
The Buckeyes took care of business Saturday night, dispatching the Spartans 38-7. Here are 10 "Historical" thoughts about the Buckeyes after the game.

1. JJ Smith has the most one handed catches at this point in his career since Cris Carter. The kid is AMAZING!

2. The Buckeye player who's career will most benefit from JJ Smith is none other than Emeka Egbuka.

3. Will Howard WILL "WILL" (see what I did there? LOL) the Buckeyes to victory at some point this season. Does he remind anyone else of a more accurate Craig Krenzel?

4. How many O H's will Will Howard throw up this year after a rushing touchdown? In 4 games so far this year, he has 3. I put the O/U at 8.

5. Trey Henderson apparently went to the Zeke Elliott school of blocking this off season. His blitz pickups have been amazing!

6. Do you think the Buckeye defense was successful in fixing the lack of forced turnovers and sacks this off season?

7. Is Henderson - Judkins the best running back tandem at OSU since Archie Griffin - Pete Johnson?

8. The last time I've seen an offense this creative at OSU, Art Schlichter was dropping back into the shotgun for the very first time vs UCLA in 1980. We lost 17-0.

9. Mitchell Melton and Gabe Powers need to see more playing time.

10. Caleb Downs has arrived.

Honorable mention. I think the coaches really want to play Sayin more, but Devin is such a good kid, AND, he delivered in the clutch on third down.

Reactions: DUNNELLONFLBUCK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.