ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Buckeyes can't capitalize vs. MSU

Kevin_N

Nobuck needs to post more
Jul 13, 2004
Pickerington, Ohio
ohiostate.rivals.com
https://ohiostate.rivals.com/news/buckeyes-can-t-capitalize-against-spartans

Honestly some nights I don't even know what to write. I watch the game, see the same things happen again and again. At least the officiating was consistently terrible. I am at a loss with what to really say here. Can't just put it on one thing or another. Did not get a big night from the guys in the paint really but also could not hit outside shots. Lyle passed up on some threes but that is who Lyle is. Ohio State was in foul trouble for much of the game as well.

It would be nice to say "eliminate those long runs where the team goes without a field goal" but that just seems overly simplistic, does it not? You just kind of wonder sometimes where their minds are when guts just settle for 17-footers with a hand in the face and abandon trying to go inside. Yes, Michigan State had four blocks but two of them (at least) were on pillow soft moves that deserved to get blocked.

I don't know... going to have to sleep on this one and think more on it because at this point it looks like many other games that I have seen. The good news is 'the end is near' for this season. The bad news is this makes my travel to DC very confusing, not knowing what day Ohio State will start their run and getting stuck at hotels with flights with a team that could really win one or two games (if the team plays out of their mind) or lose to anyone and be gone at any point (if the team plays like I have seen many times as well).

Not how I wanted to spend Valentine's Day.

Reactions: chappymon
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.