ADVERTISEMENT

Could FSU come in and take an Ohio kid who Urbs made a high priority

Prince Buck Nasty

Hall of Famer
Oct 16, 2006
Columbus
Let me pre-face this by saying I know every kid in Ohio doesn't grow up learning to be a Buckeye so I know it possible but I'm just saying in general.

This rivals national article about national presence got me thinking. I think they are underselling the state that the other local programs who were recruiting Wilson and Akers were in.

Ole Miss? nuff said
Texas? Tom Tom hasn't proven anything yet
LSU? A Cajun caveman is their head coach

Snippet from article below

A statement was made the second five-star Marvin Wilson announced for Florida State on National Signing Day, unzipping a warm-up jacket to show an FSU T-shirt and donning an FSU visor.

The Seminoles could go anywhere, beat out any school, for anyone.

Florida State has recruited phenomenally well for years, but getting Wilson, the No. 2 overall prospect out of Houston (Texas) Episcopal and a monumental priority for LSU for years, had more meaning. Other players like five-star Mario Edwards went from Texas to FSU, but Edwards’ father played for the Seminoles.

For Florida State to land Wilson and to get five-star running backs Cam Akers and Khalan Laborn out of Mississippi and Virginia, respectively, meant coach Jimbo Fisher and his staff cannot be counted out of any recruitment.

National reach was no problem.

Reactions: Buxrule2221
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.