ADVERTISEMENT

Dry and Deep

BucknOtown

Walk-on
Sep 14, 2006
I can't remember in the 3 + decades of watching college football, having ever...ever...seen a team get shafted on replay both ways on turnovers. It's literally, not figuratively, LITERALLY...that i expect every turnover to be decided in favor of the other team. Ntm, i expect pass interference to be called after every incomplete pass when we're on defense. And on the flip side.. pass interference against us if the ball is anywhere near the opponent receiver.

Apparently the trend that started back in the early 2000's is still carrying over til today. Quick quiz...name the last Ohio State team to finish in the top 50 of the "Opponent Penalties" category of NCAA stats (opponent penalties means..avg penalties the opponents you played received during the matchup that year). Top 10 is amazingly good, top 30 is good, top 50 is average, top 75 is troubling, above top 75 is a wtf? One team....one team...i repeat...one Ohio State team in the last 15 years has finished in the top 50...well actually 51 i believe. Guess which one? Yep, 2011-12. Our 6-7 team had the "mercy" of big 10 refs and let us finish (almost) top 50. Sprinkle in a 70 something ranking one year and a 90 ranking here and there...and all the rest....dead last or very close to. Don't believe?

Click here:

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/opponent-penalties-per-game?date=2016-10-20

Conspiracy? Idk...but just watching Wisconsin non-stop hold, fumble...or Indiana hold, fumble or the pass interference to start the game (that Stevie Wonder saw but the Big10 refs didn't) makes me wonder if we aren't seeing an Illinois 2007 conspiracy. What else could explain this. Phantom chop blocks, fumbles that are recovered by us that aren't, fumbles that aren't, holding calls when the other player slips, interceptions that apparently have to be bronzed to your skin before they count...i'm worn out on the absolute witch-hunt that Ohio State is going thru weekly.

End of rant :) Great win tonight!!!! Very proud of how they toughed it out!!!!! :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News