ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Outside the Lines(Wilson)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mancow3

Sophomore
Sep 1, 2015
Dayton
http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/...letic-medical-staffers-went-hoosiers-football

My opinion is Outside the Lines is so political and not looking for a story but looking to create a story.

I have 2 daughters and fully respect women's sports but how the story makes a female rower the lead of this story is behind ridiculous. Comparing the female rowing team and their treatment with a B10 Football Team is a joke.

I have played competitive sports, not NCAA level, but have been in enough locker rooms to know it is generally the player masking the injuries and rushing to get back on the field, not the medical staff. My nature, and most athletes, is to play through pain, everyone in football "plays hurt," just the way it is. Guessing ESPN and the PC culture wants to take out "manning up" from sports. No more playing hurt, no more gutting it out. No more playing through, at the first sign of pain, quit, or you "might get hurt."

Gentlemen,

We are a generation from football as we know it being over. Glorified two-hand touch is coming.

I'm pushing 40, have aches and pains, suffered a couple concussions, but competitive sports did so much more good for me, wouldn't give up those lessons and memories for anything.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.