ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAME THOUGHTS: #3 Ohio State 38, Michigan State 7

AEllis

Aug 15, 2022
Really solid performance tonight despite a few hiccups.

• Ohio State's handling of injuries and availability reports continues to be weird and annoying.
  • I hated the interception, but Will Howard was good otherwise. Nice read when he kept it on the TD run too.
  • Henderson gets the gold star in the backfield today. It's awesome to see how great of a blocker he's become. I thought he was seriously hurt after the one catch. Glad it wasn't anything significant.
  • I thought the offensive line was good today, but Donovan Jackson had a few rough moments in the first half. I believe one of them was on the play when Howard got injured, but I'd have to go back and rewatch.
  • Didn't love the Emeka drops.
  • I've run out of words to describe how good Jeremiah Smith is. It's not even fair at this point.
  • I'd still prefer they let Sayin be QB2.

• I still think the lack of pressure on the QB is concerning. It was especially noticeable in the first half.
  • Hell of a play by Cody Simon on the 4th down stop.
  • Caleb Downs tackling = great
  • Sonny still looks confused 90% of the time. I'm really worried about how he'll do against Iowa.
  • Awesome strip by Jordan Hancock.
  • Colt McCoy pointed it out on the broadcast, but I have no idea why Igbinosun was giving so much cushion when Michigan State had it at the 12-yard line (the TD play).
  • Very happy to see a Mitchell Melton sack.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.