ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting High School coaches discuss changes they want to see in recruiting

RivalsWoody

All-conference
Staff
Jul 11, 2012
The role of the head high school football coach is vital to recruiting, but with more outside forces than ever involved it’s ever evolving.

Several recruiting rule changes are in the works, including a new official visit period and an early National Signing Day. But what are the changes that high school coaches would like to see? We surveyed some of the country’s most notable head coaches to get their opinions on what they would like to see changed about the process.

Here's a portion of the story:

"I would like for them to allow the kids to take official visits earlier, maybe at the end of summer. I know a lot of coaches usually take the month of July off, but maybe the last two weeks of July they could have an early visitation period for the kids who will be in the early signing period. Most of the kids are like (Class of 2017 Rivals100 WR) Danny Davis for us. Danny wasn't able to make his official visits until November because he did so many things during the season for us that he didn't have the time and his mom had things to do. The only thing I could see as a drawback would be for the coaches not to have enough time away with their families and enjoy that. It would be great for the kids so they could get it out of the way before the season starts.” - Maurice Douglass, Springfield, Ohio

You can read the complete article here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.