I was wrong about J.T. Barrett

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrade2112

Freshman
Gold Member
Nov 15, 2011
Houston, TX
I don't want to be one of those posters who just disappears when they are wrong or fail to admit it but I was 100% wrong about Barrett.

I wanted a QB change after the Oklahoma game and it intensified after he missed several throws against Army. My reasoning: He's been here for 4 years and he's simply not getting better. If he's hasn't learned how to pass well by now, another 9 games isn't going to make a difference.

Well, he has improved by a MILE. And it's not just looking at the box score, where he typically has put up better numbers than the eye tells. He just looks different. He is decisive and accurate now, the exact two adjectives I would have said he was NOT a month ago. I even said how Baker Mayfield was so decisive at the snap and Barrett wasn't....well they look about the same now.

Obviously a ton of credit has to go to Wilson and Day because this Barrett looks so different than the 2015/2016 (and Oklahoma) version. It's clear that Wilson has full control of this offense now and Day has done wonders with Barrett's mechanics, decisiveness, and maybe most importantly, confidence.

But most of it is on the guy I said wasn't good enough to run a vertical passing offense. He may say he's the same guy as he was the whole time, but he's lying. He is a way better QB now.

And for the record, I am GLAD I was wrong. All I want is this team to win, not to be right.

Anyway, shame on me for suggesting a QB change....but I certainly wasn't the only one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.