ADVERTISEMENT

I was wrong (post combine Buckeye Draft Board)

texanbuckeye

Black Titanium Member
Gold Member
Jan 12, 2003
Well first of all...I had lobbed out some draft projections a few months ago and I had "projected" that due to the depth of this CB class that Conley might actually go in the 2nd or as late as the early 3rd..

Well to Tyler, KF and I think VT... I was wrong and you guys were right...

Barrring some OSU Pro day disaster... it appears that Conley has crept into the - as high as the mid 1st round - and I think as low as a top 45 pick...

Here are my guesses now:

1) Lattimore - top 5 (greatest 6 month turnaround - maybe in recent college football history). Who else went from the bench to co- starter at the start of the season to EVERYONEs #1 CB in what is- by far - the deepest CB class in the history of the draft... I don't see how a HS corner that wants to play in the NFL could not have OSU at the very top of thier list... After Apple last year going #10. Now Latts going 3-6..

2) Hooker - top 10. The second greatest leap behind Latts from being a complete unknown (nationally) to a consensus top 10 pick.

3) Conley - I think creeps into the 1st round now...

4) Samuel - really elevated his stock too. I see him and McCaffrey being almost identical prospects... I am hoping Samuel runs at Pro day (he probably won't) and breaks off a 4.28 and a 4.29... I think Samuel and McCaffrey both go somewhere between picks 20-45.

5) McMillan - really impressed too. Thinking a firm 2nd rounder now.

6) Elflein is hopefully a 2nd round pick. But I could see him slipping into the 3rd.

7) Noah Brown... he needs to tear up Pro Day. He could as early as 3 and I don't see him slipping past the 6th round.

8) I think Johnston goes in the 7th..

Another unreal year for The Buckeyes in the draft...

Thoughts and comments please...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.