ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting facts about Buckeye O-lineman in the NFL

texanbuckeye

Black Titanium Member
Gold Member
Jan 12, 2003
1) Chase Farris - has a Super Bowl ring with the New England Patriots.
2) Daryl Baldwin - will likely be penciled in as the starter at RT (at least for the moment) now that Doug Free has retired.
3) Taylor Decker - kicked ass as a rookie. And made the All Rookie Team.
4) Andrew Norwell - received a second round tender tag. But when he hits the free market, he will be a very highly paid OG.
5) Jack Mewhort - has developed into a solid gaurd for the Colts (when healthy).
6) Corey Linsley - too bad he was hurt last year.. But he appears to be an absolute steal as the starting center for the Packers.
7) Nick Mangold - will end up somewhere.. I think the Patriots should take a look.

Then in the upcoming draft.. Todd McShay said:

7) Pat Elflein is the #1 OC in the draft and the only OC that he would would give a 3rd round grade.c

Next year:

7) Billy Price: As Nevada and Barton have noted...he will test off the charts as one of the strongest interior lineman in combine history. He is 6-4 320. He was a an All-American at OG. I believe he has played both LG and RG and now OC..He will be a 4 year starter and a likely team captain. If he keeps his momentum... he will be the #1 OC in the draft and a late 1st -early 3rd round pick.

8) Jamarco Jones - like Price - if he continues to improve and takes it to another level... I see Jones being going late 1st -early 3rd..

9) Then if Prince blows up he certainly has the measurables..

10) If Pridgeon wins the RG spot, excels shows some OTversatility.. he too will be in the NFL..

Guys I know we have had a TON of OL turnover but:

A) Let's give Ed some credit.. he really developed some guys (especially DTs Farris and Price (and didn't Baldwin start at DT too?) into fine pros...Farris, Baldwin and Norwell weren't even drafted...

B) No one is DEVELOPING O-lineman like OSU.. no other program is taking OK talent and turning them into NFL players like OSU...

I hope the 2018 recruits read this...

Thoughts and comments please...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.