ADVERTISEMENT

Is PJ Fleck our next HC?

ZekeMode

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 19, 2015
Disclaimers:

1. I want Urban to stay forever (I don't even care if he's dead, at least he can be a figure-head).
2. I'd LOVE Tom Herman to be our next HC as much as the next guy. But I just think he's going to find that "destination" job long before Urbs hangs it up.

So, PJ, I've always been intrigued by this guy. I even liked his little pep speech against us last year. Hell, he turned out to be right. Someone did knock us off. But I heard an interview with him this AM on XM and I was just so impressed. The dude is flat getting it done at Western (just beat NW week one). He's got great charisma and he clearly knows the game. Maybe it's because he mentioned Jim Tressel a couple times in the interview as his key mentor (said that's why he dresses so nicely on the sideline and that JT was one of the classiest men he's ever met), but I'm convinced this guy is going to end up with an elite job fairly soon. He just seems to Get It. Do any insiders know if he's got relationships with Urban or anyone in the current staff/administration? I'm assuming Urban will probably have a huge say in who the next guy is, so I'm curious if they have a relationship. His first job was at tOSU so you know he'd love to end up back here as the HC. I could see him going to a mid-level Power 5 job in the next year or two, having success, and maybe, just maybe taking over for Urban.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News