ADVERTISEMENT

Jarron Cage the wrestler

V-BCoach

All-conference
Gold Member
Aug 20, 2015
Jarron has been a kid that worried me in terms of talent and whether or not he could play at OSU. This isn't a knock on him or anything like that at all. The stuff I saw on film earlier in the year worried me and OSU has gotten some other really good DTs.

This morning, I found out Jarron wrestles. Not only does he wrestle, he is very good at it. For me, this changes a lot of things. In football, I saw a kid that wore down and had to take plays off. Since he didn't play offense, that worried me. Also, he didn't impact the game like I thought he would. I thought there would be a dominate kid who took the game over. It didn't happen.

Today, I found out he was 31-3 in wrestling going into the weekend at HWT. This is the absolute best thing he could have ever done. This shows me he has not only worked on his conditioning, he has really improved it. You don't get that kind of record in wrestling and lack in cardio. He made it to the SW Ohio DI district this weekend. He pinned his guy in the first match and did it in 37 seconds. Impressive. He then lost the second match. Now, you have to know brackets and what you are looking at to see that was an impressive loss. He lost the match 5-4 and the kid who beat him went on to win the HWT title. That kid won in the finals 4-1, so Cage gave him a better match than the kid in the finals did. Cage went down to the losers bracket where he won two more matches until he lost to the kid from Mason. The Mason kid won that bracket and finished 3rd. He beat Padilla from Wayne, he is a good HWT. Instead of pouting, or letting down, Cage went on to win the 5th place match. He was just one step away from wrestling in the states next weekend.

To see that Cage wrestled at a pretty high level this year is very encouraging to me. I take back all my thoughts on him previously. I love DTs who can wrestle and Cage is now a kid I look forward to seeing develop.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.