ADVERTISEMENT

Little help from anyone who's cut the cable cord

BuckNaked

All-conference
Gold Member
Jul 13, 2001
I've been looking for a way to reduce my cable bill for years since I only watch about a dozen stations regularly and finally found a way to catch the missing piece to the puzzle (STO for live Indians games) . . . . . . . or so I thought. I'm in the middle of converting, I bought two new TVs, roku, and I have Hulu that gives me most of what I watch, and as soon as I get the hang of it, I'm getting SlingTV which will give me the Indians and Cavs and then I dump the cable. BUT, as I'm going through this, I just thought of something I forgot. I'm fine getting ABC on delay, except now I'm remembering most OSU football games are on ABC/ESPN, neither of which I will be getting live in the future. I knew I wouldn't have the Big Ten Network, but figured for the one game a year I could go to a buddies house, or a bar. Now I'm starting to think I have no method of catching ANY games at home live.

Anyone else who ditched cable have a reasonably priced way to do this? Or do I have to go out for every game? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.