ADVERTISEMENT

Morning Thoughts - Week One

Yinzer Buck

Junior
Jun 20, 2016
Pittsburgh Metro
  • I honestly thought the first quarter yesterday was one of the best quarters of OSU football I've ever seen. Very crisp on offense, defense had a swarm mentality that we haven't seen in a while, and we looked very organized.
  • Justin played very well. He has a nice arm and is decisive when throwing the ball. I think he needs work on getting rid of the football when all options close down.
  • I love this offensive scheme we saw yesterday. I love that we have some under center formations now. It's a lot more for opposing defenses to process and it will open up the jet sweep. I really like the new red zone/goal line strategy under center with multiple TE's. As I've said before Urban's goal line offense could be maddening at times. Yesterday was very refreshing.
  • I thought the OL looked strong in pass blocking. They have a ways to go in run blocking. Although, I think the coaches shut the zone read down early and FAU could tee off on the RB from that point on.
  • The defense looked aggressive and focused. Chase Young looks primed for a big year. I thought the LB's all looked good especially in stopping the run. Baron Browning plays MEAN. Covering TE's still looks like a weak spot for this defense.
  • We could very well have one of the best Special Teams units in college football. DeMario looked electrifying. Blake and Drue both looked as steady as a rock. The coverage units looked strong.
  • I thought Chris Robison put in a heck of a performance yesterday for FAU.
  • Overall, the B1G looked strong in week one. PSU, Wisconsin, Maryland, and even Illinois had blow out wins. If Sparty could get something out of their QB they could be tough. Michigan....meh, Iowa and Indiana looked ok.
  • The SEC looks like the Big Ten Conference ten years ago. Top heavy with mediocre coaching through out the rest of the conference.
  • Auburn-Oregon was far and away the most exciting game so far this week. I didn't think Bo Nix was all that great but he did deliver at the end. Oregon can still make some noise in PAC 12.
  • Tennessee.....yikes. The fans in Knoxville may burn down Neyland Stadium if this keeps up.
That's all I have for now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News