ADVERTISEMENT

Noah Spence Update

NevadaBuck

Staff
Jun 20, 2001
The Second Wiseman has been close to the Spence family for a long time--and he weighed in with this update...

"Noah is doing well. Very very well. Seems to have turned his life around and received the wake up call that he always needed."

He is now training down at D1 in Orlando and when I saw him recently ---despite being slowed by a minor hamstring tweak(suffered at the Senior Bowl, but he finished the week anyways), here were his numbers:

Shuttle 4.22

L Drill 6.88

Vertical 37 1/2 inches

Bench 28 Reps at 225

40 yard dash 4.64

He realizes he screwed up. He realizes he cost himself and his team(Ohio State) multiple shots at the NC. Realizes that he embarrassed himself and his family.

He also realizes that the "Honey Badger" Tyrann Mathieu is about to sign a gigantic contract extension---so guys with troubled pasts can certainly have their day in the sun in the NFL. And for any team that drafts him he is willing to submit to weekly drug testing or whatever they would ask above and beyond the existing NFL testing policy.

A Top 5 NFL GM was recently in to see him and privately was telling me that his numbers are very reminiscent of Kahlil Mack...which is a pretty interesting comparison.

Best part about Noah? Still considers himself very much to be a Buckeye. Follows every game when he can. Still wears the gear.

Finally, he told me when he plays on NBC's Sunday Night Football that during the introductions he will identify himself as "Noah Spence, THE Ohio State University"....which I thought was pretty cool.....

Coach Tressel always said that "People need love the most when they deserve it the least".

Noah is one of those guys--and I'm rooting for him....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News