ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting Notebook: Bruce and Fuller

Marc Givler

Hall of Famer
Jan 10, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
- Still waiting for final word on Rivals100 wide receiver Sam Bruce who has not publicly reaffirmed with Miami as of the time of this post.

What I've heard today, however, has not indicated to me that much progress has been on OSU's end in terms of numbers crunching and finding space. All indications I've received are that we're still at the same point we were at yesterday and if that is the case, that is obviously good news for the Canes.

Just not getting great vibes here that this is going to work out for OSU. We've seen how volatile this situation is and how quickly things can change but it just doesn't seem like progress has been made here and Bruce isn't going to wait forever.

- As for Jordan Fuller, I traded a few texts this afternoon with the New Jersey star who tells me that he is "finished with official visits" which means he will not see Penn State this coming weekend. That means it is down to Ohio State, Michigan, and Notre Dame.

Jordan added that he will have in-home visits with all three programs this week and then after those visits have been completed he will come to a decision. The dates of those visits are yet to be determined as of the time of this post.

"I'm discussing that with my family right now," Fuller told me, when asked about the in-homes and specifically when his meeting with Ohio State would occur.

I still like where Ohio State stands coming into these visits. Michigan showed him a good time over the weekend and I think they are probably running second.

- I've made it pretty clear the last few months that I really like 2017 Plain City (Ohio) Jonathan Alder jumbo-athlete Trey Pugh. Whether it's at tight end or defensive end, I think he's one of the better prospects in Ohio and I think you'll see his offer list expand greatly over the next 3-4 months.

That looks to have started today. Pugh was offered by Penn State this afternoon (and Miami Ohio) so he's building himself a pretty solid list that includes PSU, Northwestern, Iowa State, Kentucky, Illinois, and others.

Pugh will be at Ohio State this weekend. It MIGHT be too early for that offer, I'm not sure if the staff will pull the trigger this early, but I do think he's a very realistic offer candidate and wouldn't be totally surprised if something did happen on Sunday. More likely that they'll want to see him at camp in June (though I guess he could get an offer earlier and then have to validate that offer in June, we've seen that a few times).

Pugh did not camp anywhere last summer due to a torn ACL and was cleared just before the football season started. He had a tremendous junior year for Jonathan Alder and is now starring on the basketball team which is really helping in regaining his explosiveness.

"Basketball season is really helping my knee get back into shape," he told me over the weekend.

Ohio State has been keeping a very close eye on Pugh the last few weeks heading into this visit on Sunday. Pugh knows he's a serious target but is just going to wait and see how things go this weekend.

"Coach Fickell was at my school last week and coach Warinner was at my last basketball game," Pugh told me. "I'm going in (to this visit) with no expectations and any news that I receive (in terms of an offer) will be a bonus."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News