ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting Notebook: Final Weekend

Marc Givler

Hall of Famer
Jan 10, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Last weekend of the 2016 recruiting cycle is upon us and it has been a roller coaster. Fast start, valley in the middle and then a pretty strong finish for the Buckeyes. Not sure if the remaining targets will be enough to hold on to the top spot in the rankings but I'd be surprised if they didn't hang on to a top 3 class and finish tops in the Big Ten again.

- Looks like just Malcolm Pridgeon and K'Von Wallace on the official visit list this weekend, barring a last minute surprise. Both guys remain up in the air in terms of whether or not there is room but I suspect ultimately one of these two finds his way into the class. Don't think there's going to be room for both. The people I've talked to on both of these kids made it sound like if Ohio State really pushed this weekend, that they could land them.

- Ohio State had its in-home visit last night with Damar Hamlin. They have been in it the whole way, but I still think he's headed to Pitt. I don't sense a great deal of confidence from the OSU sources that I've spoken with but we'll see what happens on Monday evening.

- Urban Meyer has had in-homes with Wallace and Hamlin the last two days and tonight it will be Rodjay Burns. Louisville hasn't given up there so this is good timing for Meyer to get in the home this evening and seal this thing up before Signing Day.

- HUGE junior day on Sunday. Some priority out-of-state targets in Peoples-Jones and Hansard and it will be interesting to see if we get any answers on the impressive collection of in-state talent that will be on campus. Guys like Danny Davis, Trey Pugh, Javonte Richardson are all good enough to warrant Ohio State offers and would all likely have them by now in a class that wasn't so loaded nationally and didn't have any numbers issues.

It's too good of an in-state class to let the 6 or 7 studs without offers right now ALL leave the state, so it's going to be interesting to see which ones pick up the offer and if the ball gets rolling on that this weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News