ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting Notebook: Wednesday 6 PM Update

Marc Givler

Hall of Famer
Jan 10, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
A lot happening right now....

- Nothing yet on Malcolm Pridgeon. Ed Warinner is over at Nassau CC this evening, so we're still in a holding pattern there in terms of how that visit is going and whether or not Pridgeon's official visit this weekend will still be on.

- Ohio State is out of the Keyshon Camp sweepstakes. Was it initially their choice? Hard to say, but it's their choice now. His D-line coach that went from USC to Mizzou just left for the Philadelphia Eagles and he's no longer visiting Mizzou. But again, I'm told OSU is out and not to expect that to change because of this situation. This may end up being Pitt by default.

- Story on the front page but Damar Hamlin set his announcement time for 6 PM on Monday evening. It's down to Ohio State, Penn State, and Pitt. conventional wisdom says Pitt.

I know that Ohio State has been there the whole way and when you visit Columbus as many times as Hamlin has (5 or 6 I believe in total) there is some legitimate interest there. That's a lot of time and money spent to just play games.

But that being said, if Damar doesn't pick Pitt on Monday, it will go down, in my opinion, as one of the greatest troll jobs a kid has ever put on a local school. He went to every Pitt home football game this year. Less than 48 hours after returning home from his Ohio State official visit, he was at Pitt's basketball game standing in the student section just hanging out, wasn't even there to talk to the coaches, just wanted to be on campus and in the mix at the basketball game.

Never say never here, but I would just be extremely surprised if he spurned the local school after all of these visits and all of the good vibes he has given them.

- Urban Meyer had an in-home visit with K'Von Wallace this afternoon (along with Luke Fickell). Wallace is expected to leave this evening for a mid-week Clemson official visit. No word yet on if he'll still head to Pitt this weekend or if Meyer was able to convince him to switch his visit to Ohio State. That's something we're digging on right now.

- Fuller in-home visits are under way. As Jordan told me last night, Meyer is expected in the home sometime around 8 PM, could be a little earlier. I really, really like where the Buckeyes stand here right now. We'll try and have something tonight, if we don't expect it in the morning. Just depends on how late Meyer is there and how Jordan wants to go about things. After three consecutive in-home visits, he may not be up for talking tonight, they will have a lot to digest.

- Mecole Hardman went down to the International Bowl today and announced Alabama his leader. The same Alabama he didn't make his official visit to this weekend because of "weather" but made it to Georgia on Saturday for an unofficial to hang out.

Someone throw up the Admiral Ackbar meme. The kid is going to UGA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News