ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting Ohio State's unique recruiting tactic on junior day

RyanDonnelly

Recruiting Analyst
Apr 13, 2014
Somewhere in North Campus
I'll have more on the morning in the Lamont Wade article - which you guys won't want to miss, check in at 10 AM - but Ohio State tried out a new recruiting tactic today for their junior day.

They had current players in the program (I know of Gareon Conley and Dame Webb for sure) host a Q&A with the recruits and recruits' families at their position group in attendance about the recruiting process, how they ended up at Ohio State, life as a Buckeye, preparing for the NFL, what the program and coaches do for you, and anything the recruits wanted to ask about in general.

Like I said, there will be more tomorrow, but the guys who were in the defensive back room were blown away with it. They loved the opportunity to sit down and meet with those guys because it gives great perspective into players who have gone on similar life paths as you. Especially because there was about one player for every two or three recruits.

Ohio State under Urban Meyer and Mark Pantoni is all about constant innovation and trying new things to get ahead. They won't be busting out the Ole Miss bagmen or putting on pajamas with recruits any time soon, but they're all about providing unique experiences and being on recruiting's cutting edge.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News