ADVERTISEMENT

OSU Recruits Davis and Bolden join Polynesian Bowl

AlohaShoe

All-conference
Jun 20, 2001
Just saw this press release pass my desk. @Marc Givler has a new, elite HS bowl game to attend and I expect to see him in HI come January. @Kevin_N can afford to send him.:)

NEW ELITE PLAYERS ANNOUNCED FOR INAUGURAL POLYNESIAN BOWL Honolulu, HI (October 13, 2016) – The Polynesian Football Hall of Fame announced today that 23 new, elite players have accepted an invitation to play in the inaugural Polynesian Bowl. Those ranked in the ESPN300 include #86 OG Wyatt Davis (St. John Bosco; CA), #155 CB Alex Perry (Bishop Gorman HS; NV), #181 WR Mark Webb (Archbishop Wood; NJ), #188 WR Terrell Bynum (St. John Bosco; CA) and #213 S Bubba Bolden (Bishop Gorman HS; NV)

The Polynesian Bowl is a premier high school all-star football game that will feature 84 of the world’s elite seniors of Polynesian heritage and other ancestries. The game will be played Saturday, January 21, 2017, 6:00 p.m. at Aloha Stadium in O’ahu, Hawai’i.

“It is great to see so many elite high school football players committing to the Polynesian Bowl,” said Tennessee Titans QB Marcus Mariota, Polynesian Bowl Team Captain. “This will be an incredible opportunity to showcase our culture and the State of Hawai’i.”

With these new commitments, 53 players have now accepted an invitation to participate, representing 14 different states and the Territory of American Samoa. Of the 25 top-ranked Polynesian, senior high school football players in the world, 24 have committed to play in the Polynesian Bowl. Player college commitments by conference thus far are ACC (2), BIG10 (3), PAC12 (15) and SEC (3).

Other new top players accepting invitations include S/RB Kesi Ah-Hoy (Kahuku; HI), LB Feleti Afemui (Maui; HI), LB Andrew Aleki (Kamehameha; HI), DT Popo Aumavae (St. Mary’s; CA), DE Jacob Callier (St. John Bosco; CA), OC JoJo Falo (Madison; CA), RB Cyrus Habibi-Likio (St. Francis; CA), LB Mata Hola (Alta; UT), DB Kekaula Kaniho (Kahuku; HI), DE Jordan Lolohea (East; UT), OG Michael Minihan (St. Louis; HI), LB Ezekiel Noa (Helix; CA), LB Anthony Pandy (Nathaniel Narbonne; CA), OC Michael Saffell (Edison; CA), RB Taz Tauaese (El Segundo; CA), DE Alden Tofa (West Jordan; UT), Nami Tuitu’u (Mesa Varsity; AZ), OG Zelan Tupuola (JSerra Catholic; CA)

Special thanks to our generous sponsors… Friends of Hawai`i Charities, Sheraton Princess Kaiulani “Official Hotel of the Polynesian Bowl,” Kyoya Company, Coca-Cola Bottling of Hawai’i, Hawaiian Airlines, Hawai’i Tourism Authority, Harold K.L. Castle Foundation, Hawaii News Now, Honolulu Star-Advertiser, Marcus Mariota’s Motiv8 Foundation (Nike apparel), PowerPlus Mouthguard, Riddell and Roberts Hawaii.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News