ADVERTISEMENT

OT: First time dog owner Pt. 2

RaquelBuckeye05

Sophomore
Gold Member
Nov 19, 2018
I don't know if you all remember the first time I posted about my dog displaying seizure-like symptoms. Well, my dog had some of the symptoms yesterday again. I was calling him into the house from being outside. He was lying on the ground --which he rarely does-- and while he was coming in, his legs were all wobbly. He got into the house and immediately laid on the floor. Since this happened a few months ago, I decided to get ready to take him to the vet. When I got out of my room, it looked like he was trying to follow me into the room like usual but just couldn't muster the strength. I found him standing in an arched position and shaking.

Of course, he started acting normal again when I got his leash in preparation to take him to the vet. He acted normal the whole time we were at the vet. By the time the vet looked at him, there was no indication that he had any unusual symptoms. The vet advised that I keep an eye on him and to document times when he has those symptoms again.

So, for the more experienced owners: What should I look out for going forward? Is there a way to tell whether or not he had any symptoms while I've been away from the house?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News