ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Prayers and help request if possible.

mrvbsgb

Freshman
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2015
Buckeye family,
I've only been on this site since the "Nevada migration of 2015" coming over from Scout. So if this is against rules, please feel free to move the thread. Past experience (on Scout) has shown be that us Buckeyes can step up and help out.

An old high school friend of mine has recently found out that she has breast cancer. She got this news going through her birthday... she is only 41.

What I'm asking for is that you keep her in your thoughts, in your prayers, and if possible a little bit of help. She is in Windsor Ontario, so any donation is made much cheaper by the exchange rate (So a $10 donation in Canadian is only $7 US)

Here is her link and some details.

She is a hard working real estate agent by day and entertaining Karoke host/bartender by night, her energy and spirit are infectious. She does all of this while being a single mother of 3 who always puts her kids needs first and regardless of any personal misfortunes will still still find a way to help another.

As much as Val loves being self employed, she has recently learned the down side is that she not eligible for any financial supports. She does not have any short or long term disability benefits. Val has pursued all recommended avenues for financial support, including Ontario Works, CPP disability, E.I. Disability and unfortunately has been told there is nothing available to her.

Asking for help is the hardest part and not easy for Val, so we are doing it for her. She really deserves and needs your help! The money raised in this fund will help cover costly prescription drugs, travel expenses for out of city surgeries and tests, daily living expenses to support herself and her 3 children while unable to work and any other unforseen costs that come along with this fight.

Thanks to everyone for reading this message

Last edited:
Reactions: RyanDonnelly
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News