ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Veterans

Cantonbuckeye16

All-conference
Jan 1, 2019
Never a bad time to give thanks to those brave men and women who have been in the armed services and those currently in service! Truly the best our country has to offer!

I think of this every day but today it holds especially true after getting an update on my brother who is currently aboard the Regan. Found out he sustained some injuries(broken ribs, concussion, ect.) during a mechanical malfunction during a night shift not long ago. Apparently, he was blown clean out of the chopper he was in when an F18 over accelerated due to having one of it's tires stuck in the landing cable/ gear.

Not realizing how badly he was concussed at the time he continued his shift only to later that night have a helo experience engine failure on lift-off requiring an immediate landing. Thank goodness his training still kicked in as he missed being decapitated by the helo blade by about 1ft as he was diving away from being crushed to death.

Sorry this got a little long winded but I thought it was still worth sharing. Don't ever miss an opportunity to thank a service member!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.