ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Wrestling Recruiting news :) :) :)

Dar.of.Emur

Sophomore
Aug 11, 2015
Ohio
Kaleb Romero just committed to tOSU !!!!

Kaleb is currently ranked as #4 at 160 pounds. From what I hear on the inter-webs, he plays football around 190 pounds. He is a star QB at Mechanicsburg.
I dont know what weight class he will actually wrestle this year as a senior, or if he projects as 165 or 174 at tOSU.

If 165: Then he has a chance to step in as a freshman and help tOSU compete for a team title, in a year where tOSU will peak (with Kyle Snyder, Nathan Tomasello and Bo Jordan as seniors, Micah Jordan and Myles Martin as juniors, and Kollin Moore and KeyShawn Hayes as sophomores ... all with potential to win it all or go very deep. Plus Jake Ryan possibly getting some points.) So any points by a true freshman at 165 will only help to compete for team title in 2017-8.

174: If he body cant make the cut to 165, then he will be a logical replacement for Bo Jordan. Kaleb would redshirt when Bo is senior, then be in the starting lineup as a rs-freshman.

I really dont know exactly 'how good' this kid is/can be.
He won 3 Ohio state championships, and is the favorite to win it again this year.
He did not have an offensive point scored against him last year.
But, I have not really seen him compete against the nations best. Since he is a multi-sport athlete, he doesnt really do the freestyle circuit in the summer. I have never seen him wrestle Fargo , or Akron.
He did compete for Team Ohio Mafia in the Disney Duals (folkstyle), and went undefeated with a win over former #2 Kaleb Young - who is now in his first year at Iowa.

He was in the Ironman (December all star tourney hosted by Walsh Jesuit) 2 years ago, and did not do well. But, since he is a star qb, and his team always goes deep into the playoffs-----he doesnt have any time to prepare for the wrestling season. Whereas all the other top kids at ironman have been prepping for the wrestling season for months. So, he essentially took off his shoulder pads, put on a singlet, and wrestled ironman.

Once his focus is just wrestling.... the sky could be the limit.

:)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.