ADVERTISEMENT

Post Game Thoughts / Conversation

texanbuckeye

Black Titanium Member
Gold Member
Jan 12, 2003
Offense:

1) It seems like it always takes us until the 3rd or 4th drive to work the kinks out...and then once we get going... It's on!

2) I think when we go max-speed up- tempo and play pitch and catch...that's when JT starts finding his groove.. Then the offense starts humming. Then if we throw in Weber, some misdirection with Samuel and Wilson and some zone read with Barrett running occasionally... The opposing defenses look lost and then get demoralized - very quickly.

3) Throw in that once our OL gets rocking, we just wear other teams down. I am really impressed with how the OL played today

4) I loved how many receivers got in the mix... Seems like all of them. I just saw only 2-3 bad passes and 2-3 drops (Baugh, Wilson, Weber).

5) Its hard to nit pick - but I do not feel like the offense has put together 4 quarters and a complete game yet.

6) I liked seeing the 2nd /3rd team O just take it down the field.

7) I love McCall.

Defense:

1) Landers is the man... The best DT we have now, IMO..

2) Worley had a great game.

3) It appears Bosa, Lewis, Hubbard and Holmes are getting almost equal reps...

4) Although they didn't get any picks... I think Hooker is a top 20 pick now and Lattimore is going to be right up there with Conley in the 25-75 ranges (late 1st - early 3rd).

5) I thought we could have had 20 TFLs.. We just couldn't seem to get clean contact on the initial behind the LOS hits.. We wrapped up quickly for short gains... But we were in their backfield very quickly all day...

Special Teams:

1) I really wanted EGW to block that punt. I don't know how he missed it... I wish we would try to block more punts or kicks... Why not?

2) My Lord does our kickoff coverage team get down the field fast... No need to kick out of bounds with those thoroughbreds

Great day... I just think we are capable of putting up 84- 97 points with 800-900 yards of offense, a few pick sixes on D, and a blocked punt or 2.. While holding the opposing team to 0 points and 40- 50 yards of total offense...lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News