ADVERTISEMENT

PSU Offensive Game Plan

TheRzaGza

Walk-on
Gold Member
Aug 4, 2022
1) haven’t the slightest on the LT conundrum. Leaning Siervald but maybe Jackson. Who is less important to me at this point it’s what can be done to help
2) Hartline & his room is my answer. I’m sticking a TE number on Montgomery and playing 10-12 plays in the Bison. He’s agile enough to get into the pulling game for counters, arguably our best run scheme. But this means I’m putting money down on the 3 receivers to get open on more limited routes. Best WR room? Win your matchups. Small package of 4 wide with a quick throw game. Brandon Innis a 5*? Let’s see it
3) you can’t just let 2 of your best weapons be marginalized with Trey and Q. So when these teams try to feast rushing the passer, screen em up. I’m not sure if we’ve run one but it’s time to dial 4-5 up. Is there a draw in the playbook? Most importantly some arrow routes, delays, swings. Wheels, etc. Both backs should swap out 5 carries each for receptions with LB in space. I’m not saving those 2 in the backfield together for Michigan. 5-7 plays with them together with a succession of calls that build on their threat from one to the next.
4) will Howard’s legs. It’s time for 10+ carries. Maybe not all keepers….scrambles counted. But between passes to backs with good hands and his legs I can steal 12-15 running plays

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.