ADVERTISEMENT

Semi OT: Leonid &Friends (Music Related)

KVogel

Walk-on
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2001
Posted this previously on another site, so if you are reading this and are a multi-site subscriber like me, my apologies for the duplication, but I thought some of the members on here might find this fun/interesting.
----------------
So, the other day I was listening to some songs on YouTube and gravitated to a few old Chicago hits I like. As I was listening to the song I wanted (Old Days), I was looking at the list of related videos on the right. There were a few covers of Chicago songs listed by a band called Leonid &Friends. Apparently they are a group of Ukrainian and Russian musicians and singers led by a guy named Leonid Vorobyev. They range in age from fairly young to around 60.

I figured, OK, how good could a group of middle-aged Russians be playing rock/jazz from 70's? Well, I was pretty much blown away by the first few I listened to (25 or 6 to 4, Saturday In The Park, Old Days, Wishing You Were Here). They absolutely nail the music and the vocals are almost spot on (a little tougher replicating Peter Cetera than Terry Kath though).

Anyway, why am I bothering to post this here? Well, as I was listening to a couple of their other songs I came across the video for Dialogue (Part 1 & 2). Here is the link:

Check out the drummer's t-shirt. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News