ADVERTISEMENT

Some candid thoughts from a 2016 recruit...

NevadaBuck

Staff
Jun 20, 2001
had some interesting comments on the OSU staff here...so thought I would share...

helps provide a little insight into how recruits view the staff...

this is from a 2016 kid..

"Hiestand's technique is by far the most unique I've seen. He teaches hand placement with all fingers pointing up (as opposed to most guys teaching thumbs up) which is very difficult and awkward because your elbows want to go out and he hates when guys grab jersey. I dont like that about him, but I do like the fact that he teaches guys to just run their feet as opposed to the dreaded duck walk. Warinner teaches very good technique. Out of the three I think his was the most applicable to a game situation. He teaches vertical sets in pass pro which are pretty difficult but extremely good in games, and he teaches you to load your weight on the foot opposite to your initial step, which helps a ton. I can't remember much about Staten's but I know his was solid as well. He is more of a smash mouth physical guy which I like. But I'd take Warinner's technique. However he is also the most awkward person I ever met in recruiting and was extremely hard to hold a conversation with."

"When I had the opportunity to meet Tommy Kraemer I asked him about his college decision, and a big thing was the difference in personality between Warinner and Hiestand. Hiestand is very approachable and Ed is tough to get to know. Hiestand is a great guy, but I'm not sure he is sincere. Warinner is a great OL Coach and its easy to see why so many of his guys go to the league. Not yet convinced about his OC skills yet though."

"Ohio State's offensive line GA Jimmy Cordle is very very very good. He's a great guy. He knows his shit from playing in the NFL. As a player there is nothing more frustrating then busting your ass on the field but not being able to be in a position to succeed because of play calling."

just found the comments a little illuminating....
cleardot.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News