ADVERTISEMENT

Some post game thoughts:

texanbuckeye

Black Titanium Member
Gold Member
Jan 12, 2003
I was at my Aunt's 80th birthday party at Gilmour Academy last night. (Gates Mills and Chagrin Falls this time of year is beautiful....it would shock most people not familiar with this part of East Cleveland that this was Cleveland).

Anyhow...so thank God, I missed the first 1.5 quarters

Offense:

1) I was really impressed with how Wisconsin schemed against our offense. For a bunch of "unknown" players they really stifled us in the first half.

2) I know JT started slow - again - and his pick was absolutely terrible. But I noticed in the second half he threw some perfect balls. The TD pass to McLaurin (that he dropped) was a perfect throw. As was his TD pass to Brown, the long ball to Wilson and a few others - were just perfect darts.

3) I maintain that he needs to (obviously) get into his throwing rhythm much earlier in the game.

4) Weber was running well. I was surprised he didn't get more reps.

5) I thought for the most part Elflein, Price and Jordan really got it going in the second half. I was glad to see Jamarco Jones come back (I thought it was his knee at 1st). He has quietly done a beautiful job at LT this year. Prince is often a beast on run plays, but he often struggles in pass pro and has too many penalties.

Defense:

1) Frankly from what I saw, Wisconsin's play calling and execution was near flawless, for the 1st half and for a lot of the game. They deserve a ton of credit (Man their line is huge - every guy is 6-6 and over 300, where do they find these guys?).

2) Our 4 DEs are 4 of top 20 DE's in the country... It's just insane how deep we are there. Love all 4. Bosa and Holmes improve with each game.. When we send all 4 on passing downs..it's over!

3) I love Baker and he's looking like another future 1st round draft pick. I love our current starting LB's.

4) I now have to go adjust my thoughts on Conley too. After what I saw yesterday... he's a 1st round pick.

6) I thought Worley had his best game.

7) I can't get over how good Hooker is... Yesteday he really demonstrated his closing speed. Looking like a top 15 pick...

8) I know Ross and 58 say Webb is holding his own... And maybe he is being overshadowed by the 1st round play of Lattimore, Hooker and Conley.. But he appears to be the weak-link on a defense filled with future pros.

9) With all the alleged great play of all of our great defenders... What the hell happened? This terrible Wisconsin offense just marched up and down the field against us...

Special Teams:

1) Durbin and Johnston both played pretty close to perfectly...they both contributed significantly to the win.

I love this team. And I think we will dominate Penn State next week...once we get going....

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News