ADVERTISEMENT

Some thoughts on the weekend.......

V-BCoach

All-conference
Gold Member
Aug 20, 2015
I don't know how much you can really take from that Rutgers game. What I mean about that is that game didn't "reveal" anything to me that I didn't already know. JT is really good. The defense is playing at a very high level. The secondary is outstanding. I knew all of this before the game. So what can you take away from it?

- Some teams struggle to get up for games like Rutgers. This team didn't have that problem. That is a sign of leadership and the program. To me, it also means they just don't know any better. They only know one way and that is all out. That is a good thing.

- The entire OL graded out as champions. Has that ever happened? I have no idea how they grade those guys so it is hard to use this as a measure. However, I have never heard of it so that tells you something right there.

- Urban believes in using games like this to get "practice reps". What that means is OSU is up 37 points and all the starters are in to time things up and work on weaknesses. However, there is one more thing that Urban does. He breaks tendencies. When games got to scores like this one did, I stopped charting them because coaches start doing things out of routine. Urban had JT in there when I was screaming to get him out. However, they went empty and threw the ball with some stuff I hadn't really seen before. Now other teams will have to practice against that stuff. It has a purpose even if I feel you need to pull those guys.

- When you have secondary guys who can cover like he OSU kids are, you can do some really nea stuff up front. OSU's ability to lock guys down is allowing the defensive front to play tendencies and down and distance. That lets them fly around and play without having to think too much. So you get what we see out there, a great, great defense.

- I loved IU coach Wilson's statement about why would you go to OSU if you were a punter. The thing is, he is right. I think Cam is the best in the nation but he rarely gets to show it. He is a weapon and he showed that when he flipped the field against Okie. I think he will not be credited enough when he leaves.

- I am loving each weekend of college football. There have been some great games so far. The fight to get to the playoff has made each weekend a playoff. What I really want to see is how a eam bounces back. Louisville lost a game they could have won. Now, how will they come back from ha? FSU didn't come back. ND didn't bounce back. Texas didn't. Oklahoma did. That tells you a lot about the team and coach. How will Wisky do after their loss?

- Miami of Ohio is 0-5 now.

- Is UTenn like he 2002 Buckeyes? They are giving their coach a heart attack. They are exciting to watch though, well at least after the half.

- In watching several college football shows, it really seems like he guys spend a lot of their time trying to devalue the wins of each team. I saw this immediately after Washington beat Stanford. They destroyed that team and weren't able to move into the top 5. Of course, that is what makes the race to the finish so great.

Not too much else to say really. I am just enjoying every weekend of football and I hope everyone else is oo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News