ADVERTISEMENT

Team Ranking Help...any bumps to 4*?

bgbuckeye

All-conference
Gold Member
Feb 16, 2003
I am playing with the numbers for the team rankings and I am curious if OSU is in line for any 3* guys being bumped up to a 4*? Tuf Borland? Felder?

Here is how OSU can stay at No. 1...

1. OSU hits a homerun and end with Hardman, Bruce, Lawrence, and Fuller/Hamlin. This would replace a 3* in the rankings (Only top 20 count), average star bump in points (not a huge part), added bump for any R100 players and five stars. Usually it is about a 50 to 75 when replacing a 3* with a 4*, and about 100 to 150 replacing a 3* with a 5*. OSU can still get anywhere to 200 to 400 points and that is in that 2,700 or above a team needs to win the recruiting title.

2. 3*'s get bumbed to a 4*. I am not sure who cold be in line for a bump, but maybe Cupp, Borland, or Felder can get an added boost. This would give an extra 30 to 50 points.

3. Teams miss on guys they thought they were going to get. Gary going to Michigan, or a poorly time decommit could really help OSU's chances.

OSU in a position if they can finish even stronger to make what any other team does a mute point. Needless to say when almost all of your top 20 are 4* and above then you have a really solid class.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News