ADVERTISEMENT

Those dirty rotten Republicans have released another out of context text.

lr1007

Hall of Famer
Nov 30, 2004
Sure it may look like the two sneaky FBI agents were agreeing to take things easy on Hillary Clinton's investigation but I'm sure that isn't what the texts meant at all. Shame on Fox News and truth seekers everywhere who feel no one is above the law.

"In the text message flagged by Grassley, Page suggested that Strzok should not take an aggressive approach to Clinton because of the strong possibility that she would be elected president.

“One more thing: she might be our next president. The last thing you need us going in there loaded for bear. You think she’s going to remember or care that it was more doj than fbi?” Page wrote.

Strzok said he agreed with that assessment.

“I called Bill and relayed what we discussed. He agrees. I will email you and [redacted] same.”

“Bill” is likely Bill Priestap, the FBI’s chief of counterintelligence.

Screen-Shot-2018-01-25-at-4.58.35-PM-620x91.png

In his letter to Wray asking for answers about the texts, Grassley asserted that the message was evidence that the FBI officials were “Pulling Punches in the Clinton Investigation.”

Strzok was the agent who edited then-FBI Director James Comey’s statement exonerating Clinton of any criminal wrongdoing over using a private email server to maintain classified emails.

Strzok removed language from that statement which called Clinton’s actions “grossly negligent” — a term indicating criminal wrongdoing — with the non-legal term, “extremely careless.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News