ADVERTISEMENT

We have a pretty good shot of getting 15- 5 stars in our 2018 class

texanbuckeye

Black Titanium Member
Gold Member
Jan 12, 2003
1) #2 Jackson Carman OT - in
2) #5 Taron Vincent DT - in
3) #8 Tyreke Johnson DB - in the mix or #9 Patrick Surtain CB - in the mix (I think we get 1 of 2 -being DBU - we have strong angles on both).
4) #13 Micah Parsons DE or #15 KJ Henry DE (I think we get 1 of 2 being DEU - I am going with the Parsons flip)
5) #14 Emory Jones QB - in
6) #17 Jamaree Salyer OG - we lead (Emory Jones leading the recruiting charge).
7) #18 Brian Snead RB - in
8) #19 Asante Samuel Jr. CB - we are tied with FSU for the the lead - St Thomas Aquinas connection.
9) #21 Anthony Cook CB - we lead big / he loves OSU / Loves Meyer, Schiano and Coombs
10) #22 BJ Foster S - exact same as Cook
11) #23 Blue Smith WR - in
12) #24 Palaie Gaoteote LB - in

Then I predict 3 of these 5 find themselves in the top 25 -33 spots / get their 5th star and commit to OSU: (I am thinking Griffth, Gill and Woodbey).

13) #37 Houston Griffth - DB - we lead - IMG
14) #38 Dylan Wonum - OL - we are tied with Georgia for lead (another Emory Jones special)
15) #39 Jaelen Gill - APB - in
16) #44 Brian Hightower WR - in the mix -IMG
17) #45 Jaden Woodbey - S - in

I didn't even include guys like Zamir White, Lorenzo Lingard or Greg Emerson that the Buckeyes will continue to pursue...Then we just simply need to offer Anthony Cook's teammate (here at Lamar in Houston) #27 Al'Vonte Woodard (a stud WR) and we are in the immediate lead.

Then other studs like Ruckert, Gant, Mustafa, and Babb could blow up and go from 4-5 stars..

I was almost going to try to build a case of OSU getting 20 of the Rivals top 50. But I want my work here to be taken seriously... so I took a much more conservative and realistic approach.

I guarantee all of you our 2018 will be the greatest class in the history of Rivals recruiting - by this time next year...

It's good to be back!

Texan

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.