ADVERTISEMENT

Game Day Observations

One of my favorite things about seeing a game live is getting a refresher on how athletic these guys really are and the details you miss watching the game on tv. Take it for what it’s worth.

The Good:
1. The future at cornerback looks really good. Hancock looked pretty healthy after all that time off, he and JK look like prototypes. I’m judging Walton’s early tenure on how good he gets JK because he’s a bit raw. Burke is very talented and I think he knows it a bit too much haha
2. Lathan Ransom is so good. After the preseason hype and ND game I have no idea why he wasn’t the clear starter since then.
3. Cade Stover is the best tight end we’ve had in a very long time. Still shocked how natural he looks catching the ball.

Bad/We’re Spoiled:
1. He’s clearly good so don’t get me wrong, but I understand the trepidation on CJ as a pro prospect. He tends to zero in on his first read and rarely throws guys open with zip. Wasn’t wowed.
2. I have a theory why Henderson is more choppy with this footwork and doesn’t have his usual speed this year, he hates the turf. He was visibly upset after a couple runs he slipped while running full speed. I don’t think any injury is hampering him much because his fast is fast, just a lack of trust making cuts.
3. McCallister is always where he should be and a very smart player, he was running routes before the receivers were. That said, he is not the athlete like the rest of secondary is. The height/weight/speed isn’t there and I’m concerned a playoff caliber team will take advantage.

Ugly
1. Shame on the Ohio State training staff. I don’t care what any sources said, I have eyes. JSN was CLEARLY unhealthy during the pregame and had a hitch. After that corner route it was obvious re-aggravated it. I’m in the camp we’ve seen the last of a fully healthy JSN at Ohio State. I hate saying that but feel that’s the new reality.
Reactions: UTBuckeye

Football On Ohio State’s offense

They had one touchdown in the first 35 minutes against Iowa, and then rattled off four touchdowns in 16 minutes. There was good and bad, but figuring it out against a good defense feels encouraging

Football On Zach Harrison

He showed some versatility lining up at tackle, and made a couple of splash plays on Saturday. More of that from Harrison could help this defense unlock more disruption and takeaways.

So…. Did anyone notice?!

Point # 1.

Once again we have played another team that’s flawless on the O line.

11 Whole yards in Penalties

•Not ONE holding call.
• Not ONE Pass Interface
• Not ONE PF - Late Hit, Rouging the QB, or Unsportsmanlike on Iowa.

OSU? Did you really have any doubts? lol.

We had EVERY one of those called on us.

• Holding
• Pass Interference
• Unsportsmanlike.

The shit continues Every.—— Game.

Even with homer scarlet and gray glasses on how is it possible that we (Seemingly) (Unbelievably) play THE BEST O line in the country every fkn week. ??

Point #2 and for me THE most concerning by far is the unwilling truly mystifying decision (effort) on CJ to completely disregard the open field in front on him on 3rd and 5or6 and chuck the gotdamn ball into double coverage?!

Had a chance to watch the game and I counted NO LESS than 4 times CJ had numerous yards (over 5-6) ++ easily with no contact to gain a 1st down or get 3rd and short. Nope. Didn’t even consider it.

Honest to God a pregnant quadriplegic could have gained a 1st down with that much damn field in front of him. (not meant to offend anyone) my apologies

I just can’t understand it, these are easy no brainer run out of bounds 5-6-7 yds that make a gigantic difference in top matchups.

If we lose the Scum game because his soft ass doesn’t want to get hit I’ll personally put his balls in a Bear trap and set them in fire.

I’m elated with the big win but I’m addressing serious issues that will drastically effect our mission to go undefeated and beat the ever living dog shit out of scummers.

RUN.THE.DAMN.BALL. CJ. Please…..

My rant is over and I’m going to sleep.

Arion Carter update

Login to view embedded media
Hey all, was at Carter's game tonight and caught up with him afterwards. He confirmed with me that he will take an official with Ohio State the weekend of November 12th. He is heading to LSU this weekend for an official visit, Tennessee will get one on Oct. 29th, and Alabama will be his last OV on Nov. 26th. Will have a video interview with Carter dropping soon.

Week 8 College Football Schedule

WEEK 8​

Wednesday, Oct. 19

Georgia State at Appalachian State | 7:30 p.m. | ESPN2

Thursday, Oct. 20

Virginia at Georgia Tech | 7:30 p.m. | ESPN
Troy at South Alabama | 7:30 p.m. | ESPNU

Friday, Oct. 21

Princeton at Harvard | 7 p.m. | ESPNU
Long Island at Wagner | 7 p.m. | ESPN3
Tulsa at Temple | 7:30 p.m. | ESPN2
UAB at Western Kentucky | 8 p.m. | CBSSN
Saturday, Oct. 22

Iowa at No. 2 Ohio State | 12 p.m. | FOX
UT Martin at No. 3 Tennessee | 12 p.m. | SEC Network
No. 14 Syracuse at No. 5 Clemson | 12 p.m. | ABC
No. 21 Cincinnati at SMU | 12 p.m. | ESPN
Kansas at Baylor | 12 p.m. | ESPN2
UL Monroe at Army | 12 p.m. | CBSSN
Indiana at Rutgers | 12 p.m. | Big Ten Network
Houston at Navy | 12 p.m. | ESPNU
Akron at Kent State | 12 p.m. | ESPN+
Duke at Miami (Fla.) | 12:30 p.m. | ESPN3
Toledo at Buffalo | 1 p.m. | ESPN+
Bowling Green at Central Michigan | 1 p.m. | ESPN3
Eastern Michigan at Ball State | 2 p.m. | ESPN+
Northern Illinois at Ohio | 2 p.m. | ESPN+
UNLV at Notre Dame | 2:30 p.m. | Peacock
West Virginia at Texas Tech | 3 p.m. | FS1
Rice at Louisiana Tech | 3 p.m. | ESPN+
No. 20 Texas at No. 11 Oklahoma State | 3:30 p.m. | ABC
No. 7 Ole Miss at LSU | 3:30 p.m. | CBS
No. 9 UCLA at No. 10 Oregon | 3:30 p.m. | FOX
Boston College at No. 13 Wake Forest | 3:30 p.m. | ACC Network
Marshall at James Madison | 3:30 p.m. | ESPN+
BYU at Liberty | 3:30 p.m. | ESPNU
Purdue at Wisconsin | 3:30 p.m. | ESPN
Northwestern at Maryland | 3:30 p.m. | Big Ten Network
Memphis at No. 25 Tulane | 3:30 p.m. | ESPN2
Western Michigan at Miami (Ohio) | 3:30 p.m. | CBSSN
Georgia Southern at Old Dominion | 3:30 p.m. | ESPN+
FIU at Charlotte | 3:30 p.m. | ESPN3
North Texas at UTSA | 3:30 p.m. | Stadium
Vanderbilt at Missouri | 4 p.m. | SEC Network
Arizona State at Stanford | 4 p.m. | Pac-12 Network
Hawai'i at Colorado State | 4 p.m. | Spectrum Sports
Florida Atlantic at UTEP | 4 p.m. | ESPN+
Arkansas State at Louisiana | 5 p.m. | ESPN+
Southern Miss at Texas State | 5 p.m. | ESPN+
San Jose State at New Mexico State | 6 p.m. | Bally Sports Arizona
Fresno State at New Mexico | 6:30 p.m. | FS2
No. 24 Mississippi State at No. 6 Alabama | 7 p.m. | ESPN
Boise State at Air Force | 7 p.m. | CBSSN
Minnesota at No. 16 Penn State | 7:30 p.m. | ABC
Texas A&M at South Carolina | 7:30 p.m. | SEC Network
UCF at East Carolina | 7:30 p.m. | ESPNU
No. 17 Kansas State at No. 8 TCU | 8 p.m. | FS1
Colorado at Oregon State | 8 p.m. | Pac-12 Network
Pitt at Louisville | 8 p.m. | ACC Network
Utah State at Wyoming | 9:45 p.m.
Washington at Cal | 10:30 p.m. | ESPN
San Diego State at Nevada | 10:30 p.m. | CBSSN

HotMic’s Five For Friday (10/21)

1. Do the Buckeyes cover the 29 point spread tomorrow?

2. Best for dipping a hot pretzel: stadium mustard, yellow mustard, nacho cheese or beer cheese?

3. Who was your favorite athlete growing up?

4. Aside from Ohio State, what game are you most looking forward to this weekend?

5. Where does Halloween rank on your list of holidays? (no, we aren’t arguing if it’s really a holiday or not)
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT