ADVERTISEMENT

"A Change is Gonna Come"

RyanDonnelly

Recruiting Analyst
Apr 13, 2014
Somewhere in North Campus
Hey everybody, I just wanted to pass along an update to all of our subscribers on the board here on some news that should be going public early tomorrow morning. I've recently accepted a position to stay within the Rivals.com family and take over as the lead recruiting analyst on Panther Lair, our Pitt site in the network. The opportunity to work in recruiting coverage and analysis full-time and earn the lead spot on a beat is a thrilling chance for me on a personal and career level. To do so immediately out of my college graduation and on a program, area, and city that I'm intimately familiar with only makes it that much harder to turn down. The work that Chris Peak, Ryan Snyder, and others have done on our Pitt site is second-to-none in that market and I'm excited for the future as we continue to go to work.

At the same time, it's going to be very tough to make somewhat of a departure from this site as my primary role within the network. I started with BuckeyeGrove over two years ago as, I believe I have been called, a "wide-eyed intern" picking fights with posters who I now count as personal friends (most of you, even the grumpy ones) and growing as a professional along the way. If it were not for the opportunity given to me as an intern by Kevin; the tutelage in recruiting coverage I've received from him and Marc; the support of fellow staff members including that wily pair and our step-brothers that we picked up along the way in Nevada, Kirk, and Ross; and the banter and questions from all of you guys always challenging me to better, smarter, and harder-working, I would not be where I am today. This is a thank-you letter to not just my colleagues but to the posters here on BuckeyeGrove. You make this board and this website what it is and you make coming to work every day unexpected and unchallenged in fun.

While I am still going to maintain a presence on the board and hope to be able to continue doing some work alongside Marc and the other staff members here in recruiting, my role is going to be diminished while I settle into a rhythm with my new duties at Panther-Lair. I'll still be around and hope to start writing again soon, but you'll see less of me for the next few weeks as I get established and find living arrangements and figure out how the hell to act like a working adult and all of that sort of thing. There is going to be no drop-off at all in the coverage here in my absence and I fully expect Marc, Nevada, and others to kick ass while I'm gone.

This is an opportunity for me to chase a career in the recruiting industry that I never expected to have when I was a college freshman posting on the message boards and religiously reading Nevada's nuggets. It's a pretty corny dream to be a recruiting writer, but it's been incredibly fun so far and I want to see how long this ride can last. It's still a little surreal to me that I get paid to do this stuff (don't tell Kevin or Chris), because it's been unbelievable.

P.S, please keep things under wraps and only on this board until tomorrow morning. Don't want to spoil the announcement for our Pitt guys.

P.P.S, don't unfollow me on Twitter, my ego couldn't possibly withstand the blow.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News