ADVERTISEMENT

Board Members/Penn State Game

Kirk Barton

Night King
Aug 8, 2015
This board has been a blast lately. A few highlights:

1. The Oklahoma tailgate was awesome. I was running Gonzo around for his fundraising adventures, but I always enjoy hanging out and having a quick shot of Crown to get the day started.

2. I met Paul K., who reps Edwin Encarnacion, and he invited me to an Indians game to sit in Edwin's suite. We had a great time talking baseball and learning about dealing with very young players from generally poor families. He has some great stories if you ever run into him at the next tailgate. Afterwards I thanked Edwin and he was a very nice guy. Edwin wants to come to an OSU game this year after the Tribe wins the World Series(hope), so we may just have to show him some Grove hospitality.

3. I met JJ Watt's family at the Bengals game through a mutual connection we have. I sat with them in the Gatorade suite in what was a rough Thursday night game to watch. His mom is a special lady and a fundraising dynamo who really led the $37 m charge for Houston relief. Word is that @texanbuckeye is planning to match the donation. The Watt family is a great crew and his demeanor reminds me of AJ Hawk, which is very high praise. JJ and TJ's dad is obviously very astute when it come to technique and it was fun talking ball with him while JJ was playing. John Watt and Connie went from Denver (Chris Watt plays fullback for the Los Angeles Chargers) on Monday, to Cincinnati on Wednesday (JJ and the Texans played the Bengals Thursday night), to Pittsburgh (to watch TJ play for the Steelers versus the Vikings). That is, in a word, awesome. Couldn't happen to nicer people...

4. I met my guy Tribe66 before the Army game and watched the game with him. I had given my tickets to a fellow board member who happens to be one of my best clients, so they also got to meet and hang out for a bit. We had a great time touring campus and talking football. Both guys really have it going on and it is cool to learn from them both. My football knowledge pales in comparison to their business savvy haha...

5. I have a feeling there will be a large contingent of Grove members flying in for Penn State, as it seems like it is the last big home game of the year. I have a dinner set for Friday night, but Saturday I'll be roaming around before the game. Let me know where you are and I'll try to come by. It is also on pace to be my kid's first OSU game, so it is all contingent on how he is doing. The best way to get me or whoever to your tailgate is to do the map screenshot and post it on the board. That was money when I was looking for the Grove tailgate, since most of us have no idea what everyone looks like hahaha...

6. There is a good chance I'm selling my Maryland, MSU, and Penn State tickets. PM me offers. 23 AA Row 3. Good seats.

Hope to see you guys and Beat UNLV...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News