ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Hartline’s goals

Dbonemalone

Sophomore
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2022
So you’re Brian Hartline. What are your future ambitions? You’ve been promoted to OC, but do you want to be a head coach? I ask this because I think the initial reaction is “of course that’s the plan, that’s how these things go”. But then I think about the opposite arguments.

You’ve done really well in life to date. Successful NFL career. Back in the place where it started for you and a place that you have a lot of affection for. Widely considered the best at what you do in your job. Financially set. Is it REALLY worth it to chase being a head coach? Why not just stay where you are and just be a legend, pulling a great salary and being revered in WR circles.

Honestly? My choice would br option two. Don’t mess with a good thing. Grass is definitely NOT greener on the other side. History shows that few people get the Nick Saban career path, and even he moved around - tried the NFL and didn’t succeed.

I suppose option three is to wait out at OSU, Day leaves and then you’re up next. The downside is that the higher up the ladder you go, the less you get to be involved with the thing you are ELITE at (WR development).

(This is probably to some degree a question about how people on this board approach balancing fame with happiness - not that you can’t have both!)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News