ADVERTISEMENT

Football Game Thoughts: #3 Michigan 30, #2 Ohio State 24

AEllis

Aug 15, 2022
I've had about enough of this.

• McCord settled down as the game went on, but his inaccuracy early on was a killer.
  • Emeka didn't help him much on that first drive. He should have caught it for a first down.
  • McCord showed great pocket presence on the one deep ball to Marv (the one that also had the PI).
  • I hated the strategy at the end of the first half. That was far from the Georgia Ryan Day. Ohio State should never play for a 50+ yard field goal.
  • They got the running game rolling on a few drives (loved the opening second-half drive), but they weren't able to hit the home run.
  • I didn't think the offensive line was terrible against a good UM front (especially the DTs). Fryar definitely had some whiffs early in the game though. The blocking on the last play was terrible.
  • Julian Fleming only had a few catches but they were all big ones.
  • The third and long handoff to Xavier Johnson was a nice play call.

• I thought the defense was mostly solid against the run. UM averaged 4.2 yards per carry.
  • Impressed with Colston Loveland. He's a heck of a player.
  • Really wish they would have hit McCarthy more.
  • I don't think Roman Wilson caught that TD pass, but I knew they wouldn't overturn it.
  • I have no idea why Malik Hartford was on the field for that play.
  • Pretty blatant push-off on Jordan Hancock when UM converted the late third down. That should have been OPI.
  • I am a Ryan Day believer, but this has become a problem. Losing against Sherrone Moore is a tough look.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News