ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAME THOUGHTS: Ohio State 17, Notre Dame 14 ****INSTANT CLASSIC!****

AEllis

Aug 15, 2022
  • HOLY HELL WHAT A GAME
  • Overall I didn't like the offensive strategy for much of the game. It sure didn't feel like the Georgia Ryan Day for a lot of the game.
  • That Josh Fryar penalty was a game-changer. At first I thought it was a bad call and he was just going for a pancake, but on replay he seemed to go right at the guy's head so I totally get the flag. Inexcusable.
  • I am SO glad Fryar doesn't have to feel the wrath of the fanbase had they lost the game.
  • I thought McCord was good tonight. The biggest question I had was when he threw it to a double-covered Cade Stover in the end zone. And he's gotta make that little pass to Trey late. The late pass to Stover down the middle was beyond dangerous and should have been picked.
  • I didn't think that was intentional grounding on McCord but I'm no rules expert.
  • UPDATE KYLE MCCORD HAS ICE IN HIS VEINS LIKE STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN HAD A CHILD WITH A POLAR BEAR AND NAMED THEIR NEWBORN KYLE MCCORD
  • The offensive line was okay. Matt Jones was good. Simmons and his penalties are extremely annoying.
  • Trey was mostly good. He tries to bounce things too often at times, but I'm glad he bounced the one on the long touchdown. Some of his blitz pickups were less than ideal.
  • The fourth down pass to Xavier Johnson was clutch. (edit: may have been 3rd down)
  • For the life of me I'll never understand why they can't run a simple QB sneak to pick up 12 inches.
  • I think Marvin bobbled the one sideline incompletion as he was going to the ground. The broadcast was terrible and kept focusing on his hand hitting out of bounds without even pointing out that the foot was in bounds first. ND did a good job bracketing him.
  • Emeka is great and he's really good at finding holes in the zones. So many clutch grabs but he HAS to make that should-have-been touchdown catch. That was a perfect ball from McCord.
  • Cade catching that tipped ball was huge. Very well could have been intercepted.
  • Props to Javontae Jean-Baptiste. He was damn good tonight.
  • Benjamin Morrison is a heck of a player. Kid will be a first-rounder.

• As much as I hated the defensive line rotation last year, this year's safety shuffle may be even more annoying. Please keep Sonny on the field.
  • That third down play where they dropped the DTs into coverage was maybe the best defensive call of the night.
  • JT was up and down but he was really good late.
  • Future top-10 pick Joe Alt sure had his hands full when he was trying to block Tyleik.
  • The Cody Simon play on Hartman was massive. Great job of playing coverage and then coming up and playing the QB run.
  • Chambers and Eichenberg didn't have their best games.
  • Davison Igbinosun is good but he is awfully grabby.
  • I barely noticed Denzel Burke which tells me he was probably awesome yet again.
  • Props to Mitchell Evans. That kid balled out for Notre Dame.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News