ADVERTISEMENT

How about them Reds? America's Team?

pfeiferdw

Freshman
Gold Member
Dec 26, 2014
Deer Park, Tx
I didn't think I would say it this year, but this team is exciting/fun to watch. I was wondering where the offense was going to come from this year. With Votto out/on the decline, and no proven players other than India and Stephenson. It is exciting to see the young guys stepping up. McLain, Steer, De La Cruz all show all star potential, and possibly the best hitter/prospect is yet to arrive from AAA (Christian Encarnacion Strand). Starting pitching is a major concern. Especially witt the injuries to Lodolo and Ashcraft. Abbott has been a pleasant surprise. Hopefully he isn't a flash in the pan (ala Amir Garrett) and can grow into a quality starter. On one hand I would like to see the reds trade for a quality starter, but would hate to see them give up any of the good young talent they have. Given another year of experience, they could have a very formidable hitting lineup with few week spots. Of course everytime I get a little optimistic about the Reds, they then proceed to lose 8 of 10 and bring me back to earth regarding expectations. Hopefully they keep playing well and get some better starting pitching. Better enjoy the success while we can.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News