ADVERTISEMENT

I have so many questions about College football moving forward...

BuckWi03

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2002
1. Will rivalry games even matter in a few years? If they go to a 12 team play off teams can play 2 times a year and/or play a game that doesn't really matter outside of the conference. I can see games with OSU/TTUN where starters don't play if both teams have a spot in the playoff why risk the injuries?

2. Will conference championships matter? See #1...why play them if they don't settle anything.

3. How long until the players form a college football players association? Pandora's box is open and there is too much money and too much at risk now for the schools, coaches, NCAA, and collectives funding NIL. This is going to get more complicated NOT LESS and the way these kids will stand up to all these institutions, lawyers and rich people will require a Players Association.

4. What is exactly does the NCAA do at this point? They can't control the money flowing to athletes anymore, they didn't enforce the rules earlier....what are they doing? What value do they provide?

5. Transfer Portal, Tampering with players with NIL money...does anyone think this is sustainable? I mean imagine the NFL with no tampering rules...right. It's one thing to deal with NIL in recruiting but with the transfer portal now there are starters, important players that can go in the portal to the highest bidder anytime they choose. And outside forces are coming after them to do so. This is total insanity in my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News