ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Comment from Bosas

Jul 31, 2022
I remember there was a small (but very vocal) faction of the fan base questioning Mick Marrotti’s weight lifting program and methods in the off-season. Mick has forgotten more about lifting and building team culture than I’ll ever know, and you can’t argue with the amount of dudes they’re putting in the NFL. All that said, I found these quotes from Nick and Joey Bosa interesting in today’s MMQB:
“When you train in college, it’s a lot of just bodybuilding. It’s bulls---, honestly,” Nick added. “You’re just trying to prove that you’re a leader, and you’re not really optimizing what you could do as an athlete on the field. You’re just lifting a bunch of weight and getting as big as you can, and then going out there and risking things. Now that I’ve been with Todd, I’ve really stacked three amazing years.”

“I was just a meathead,” Joey continued. “So it’s not perfect. I wish more than anything I could’ve gotten a hold of this in high school when I was still flexible as a freshman, and it wasn’t this complete process of working backwards before we go forwards. Where, I mean, if you have flexibility, it’s easy to keep it, as long as you’re doing the right things. But if you’re super tight like I was, trying to get it back is a tough process. It’s changed the way I play. I definitely don’t think I’d be the same player without it. I know I wouldn’t.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News