ADVERTISEMENT

Is anyone else annoyed...

D3hoops

Freshman
Gold Member
Aug 18, 2019
Is anyone else as annoyed with the hype for USC and Texas for this year? It's almost reached a deafening pitch. I get these 2 programs are big brands and the national media desperately wants them to return to prominence, but I've never seen the level hype for 2 teams that underperformed the way they did the year prior.

USC may have the returning Heisman winner (not the best player in football though) but major questions on defense even with several portal adds. Grinch has never fielded anything better than just a "decent" defense and often has under performed relative to his talent. Secondary is a major concern for them. Schedule is not kind as they play @ND, @OREGON. November games include Washington, @Oregon, UCLA.

Texas seems even more of a stretch coming off a 5-loss season. They need a big leap from Ewers to be in that next group of programs and also need major help on a defense that gave up tons of big plays. Schedule does them no favors either playing @ Bama, @ TCU, and @ Iowa State. They have a tough November going KSU, @ TCU, @ Iowa State, and Texas Tech.

I think it's conceivable both of these programs lose 3 games. I don't think I've pulled for a team to fall harder than what I am for Texas and USC in '23.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News