ADVERTISEMENT

NIL/ Transfer Portal Rant

Daveycj91

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2020
So I don't post a lot on here. I usually just enjoy the reading of everyone's perspectives, so forgive me if this goes astray and seems scattered. I absolutely hate the NIL and transfer portal. I'm sure that I am in the minority, but I think OSU is doing it the right way and wouldnt change a thing (other than not having it at all). If the student athletes do well and want to get paid then ok. But not just a pay to play deal out of high school. I think sooner than later this thing will fade and these boosters and schools will get tired of giving money to underserving, underachieving athletes who haven't proven anything and at the first sign of adversity leave to try and go somewhere else, instead of putting for the effort to make it better.. If OSU can build a more sense of brotherhood and playing for each other rather than just themselves they will be ahead of the curve. Look how it worked out for A&M this year. I dont like Bama at all probably for jealousy reasons, but they have been the best program for a while and one year into the transfer portal it is tearing the team apart. That is what will happen to all of the teams that are trying to buy a championship. Imagine this fanbase if that happened here. We freak out if we lose a single recruit, imagine a mass exodus after a year or two, it would be a total meltdown. I may be old school, but I say build it the right way and if we dont go 12-0 so be it but I think when it comes around we will be better off. I apologize if this makes no sense and rambles but I don't like the way college football is going. Maybe it is just my age "get off my lawn"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News